The Dendera Zodiac is the 4th coin in the Archaeology & Symbolism series. This amazing coin does a fine job of reproducing this work from the Hathor Temple in Dendera.
- This smartminted coin features a unique bowl shaped center (middle part) representing the Dendera zodiac
- 3 oz huge pure silver 65 mm diameter
- A design use of an actual artifact as the basis
- Low mintage of 333 pcs. worldwide (99 pcs gilded)
- A great gift idea for an ancient civilizations enthusiast
The sculptured Dendera zodiac (or Denderah zodiac) is a widely known Egyptian bas-relief from the ceiling of the pronaos (or portico) of a chapel dedicated to Osiris in the Hathor temple at Dendera, containing images of Taurus (the bull) and Libra (the scales). This chapel was begun in the late Ptolemaic period; its pronaos was added by the emperor Tiberius
|Weight (g)||93.3 (3 oz)|
|Presentation case (box)||Yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.