This beautiful circulation set is a celebration of the 200th anniversary of the 49th parallel, the famous border between Canada and the United States of America. It’s the perfect starter set for a new collector, as it includes all the circulation coins in 2018 as well as features an exclusive piece: a glow-in-the-dark 50-cent coin that maps our patriotic pride.
- Three technologies on one coin: The 50-cent coin combines engraving, colour and glow-in-the-dark technology. (To activate the effect, hold the coin under a light source for 30-60 seconds, and then view the coin in darkness.)
- One of every denomination: The set features one of every denomination in circulation in 2018: $2, $1, 25-cent, 10-cent and 5-cent coins.
- The perfect starter set for any new collector. This is a great keepsake to remember 2018, or a thoughtful gift that expresses pride.
- A glow-in-the-dark 50-cent coin. Includes a special edition 50-cent coin that glows in the dark—and it’s only available as part of this set.
- Ready to display with pride. All six coins are packaged together in a colourful presentation card, with a built-in support flap that turns it into an instant display.
On the 50-cent coin, the reverse image by Steve McPhee features the red-and-white flag of Canada, which is superimposed over all of Canada on an outline map. An engraved line highlights the International Boundary known as the 49th parallel, which marks its bicentennial in 2018. In the dark, glow-in-the-dark technology lights up the whole map, along with the latitude and longitude lines. The reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1818 – 2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Material||Nickel plated Steel|
|Weight (g)||12.61 g|
|Mintage pcs||While supplies last!|
|Presentation case (box)||Blister|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.