The Royal Mint has announced the iconic band, Queen, will be celebrated with the launch of a commemorative coin collection, making it the first time that a British band has been celebrated on UK coinage. Available from today, the design is the first in The Royal Mint’s new ‘Music Legends’ collection.
- − Features a design that has been officially approved by Roger Taylor and Brian May
- − The first time a British band has been showcased on a UK coin
- − A brand new coin design, featuring iconic instruments used by all four original band members
- − The perfect gift for all fans of Queen
- − Own the first release in this exciting new collection Music Legends
The coin commemorates all four members of Queen, in recognition of their contributions to the band’s success. This is done through the portrayal of each member’s instrument, with the Bechstein™ grand piano – which Freddie Mercury played for Bohemian Rhapsody – featuring at the top of the coin. Meanwhile, the group’s logo is placed at the center of the design and is underscored by the singer’s signature mic stick.
Brian May’s ‘Red Special’ guitar – which he still plays using an old sixpence to give his unique sound – also features alongside John Deacon’s Fender Precision Bass™. Finally, Roger Taylor’s Ludwig™ bass drum is decorated with the Queen crest, as it appeared in the band’s early day
|Weight (g)||1/2 oz (15.71)|
|Presentation case (box)||yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.