In the Chinese folktale “The Flower Dragon,” the Golden Dragon’s heart warms to a poor girl’s gift of flowers, as his own no longer grow due to his fiery breath. Soothed by her kindness, he rewards her with fortune and wealth and punishes the greedy.
- A DISTINCTIVE RED OUTER WRAP FOR GOOD LUCK! China has a long-standing tradition of gifting money in red envelopes for the New Year. It usually comes as brand new banknotes. The Lucky Flower Dragon offers an affordable pure gold coin with a distinctive red outer wrap for good luck!
- A SPECIAL THEME! Dragons are among the most popular icons in Chinese cultural mythology. Their significance has spread throughout the world, touching millions of people across cultures.
- A GREAT GIFT! In Chinese folklore, dragons herald good fortune. What better way to celebrate the New Year by wishing the best to your loved ones with a lucky dragon coin?
- AFFORDABLE GOLD! Fall in love with the story of the angry dragon tamed by the kindness of a young girl, captured on this affordable lucky 99.99% gold coin.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- WORLDWIDE MINTAGE! Your coin has a limited worldwide mintage of 5,888.
The Lucky Flower Dragon coin presents a reverse design by Canadian designer Jai Paek featuring the expression of a traditional Chinese Dragon swirling its long scaly frame. The dragon's fearsome appearance makes him no less honourable as he shall ring good luck to one with a kind mind. Two flowers blossom within its curving shape to represent the Chinese New Year. The obverse design by Susanna Blunt depicts the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
|Weight (g)||1/25 oz (1.27)|
|Presentation case (box)||Yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.