This is fourth coin in series "Canada's Unexplained Phenomena" - MONTREAL - Glow-in-the-Dark Coin. Dubbed the “Montréal Incident,” this famous UFO sighting has been re-created on our fourth Unexplained Phenomena coin. Its colorful, glow-in-the-dark design transports you to the rooftop pool at the Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal on the night of November 7, 1990, when a mysterious object suddenly appeared in the sky.
- OUR FOURTH UFO SIGHTING! From unusual sightings to strange encounters, this series of colorful coins brings you some of Canada’s most fascinating tales of unexplained phenomena. Coin #4 features a colorful re-telling of the Montréal Incident in November 1990, when a UFO was spotted from the rooftop pool at the Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal.
- A MINT FIRST: FRESNEL BEAMS! On your coin’s reverse, the UFO’s light beams are enhanced by a Fresnel optical effect—a first for us! An array of features has been engineered in a way that alters the way the light reflects off the coin, so that it appears to move in, out and across the beams depending on your viewing angle.
- BLACK LIGHT TECHNOLOGY! The UFO’s bright light beams colorfully lit up the night sky, and they certainly do on your coin’s reverse. Your coin comes with a black light flashlight that activates the embedded black light paint technology, which emphasizes the outline of the UFO and adds an intense, colorful glow to the light beams that are also reflected on the pool surface.
- VERTICAL ORIENTATION! It shows the UFO hovering in place above the rooftop pool of the 17-storey building, high above Montréal’s busy downtown core..
- ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR THEMES! Collectors love a good UFO story. The proof? All previous coins in the series sold out, and with a mintage of 5,000, this one is also expected to sell out quickly.
- A SOUGHT-AFTER PIECE! Whether you’re fascinated by UFOs, or you just love a colorful coin that tells a great story, this coin is for you. Crafted from 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this rectangular coin is a fun addition to any collection and makes a great gift.
The reverse design by Canadian graphic design artist Patrick Belanger features the artist’s rendition of an aerial UFO phenomenon that occurred on November 7, 1990 in Montréal, Que. The colorful image shows the event from the perspective of those who spotted the object from the rooftop pool at the Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal. The object’s bright light beams are amplified by black light paint technology and an engineered Fresnel effect, which varies the intensity of reflected light depending on the viewing angle. The obverse features a field pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Weight (g)||1 oz (39.39 g)|
|Diameter||49.8 x 28.6|
|Certificate (COA)||Yes - SERIALIZED|
|Presentation case (box)||Yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.