The world's first-ever Sovereign's Orb Coin - is crafted to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's Sapphire Coronation in 2018 - a masterpiece in modern minting !
In 2018 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her Sapphire Coronation Anniversary. An unprecedented landmark in an extraordinary reign, the likes of which we, or future generations, are unlikely to ever see again. To celebrate this world-first event The Bradford Exchange is proud to announce the release of a remarkable world-first legal-tender coin, the likes of which you will never have seen before – The Sovereign’s Orb Coin.
- A significant world-first spherical coin struck in precious metals
- Limited to just 500 pieces worldwide
- Combines centuries of tradition with cutting-edge technology
- Struck with a full two Troy ounces of Solid Sterling Silver
- The Silver Orb is layered in pure 24-carat Gold and bands adorned with 26 genuine Swarovski® crystals
- The silver cross is adorned with ten Swarovski® crystals, silver beading emulates the pearls on the original
- A paragon of purity, presentation and prestige, this spectacular new legal tender coin is sure to be the crowning glory of any coin collection, it is also the perfect gift for anyone who appreciates the pinnacle of modern minting.
- Each coin is accompanied by an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity
As exclusive as it is technically brilliant, the mintage of this legal-tender issue is a mere 500 worldwide
Whilst the worldwide mintage is just 500 –that doesn’t tell the whole story, as 350 coins have been already been reserved overseas, meaning just 150 coins from the mintage are allocated to the United Kingdom. Fewer than 1 in 165,000 UK households will be able to own this world-first coin!
This coin is a majestic fully three-dimensional spherical tribute.
Just like the original Sovereign’s Orb, it features bejewelled bands surmounted by a cross. Issued as legal tender by the government of Niue with a $2 denomination it is crafted in solid Sterling Silver enriched with 24-carat gold plating and adorned with 36 genuine Swarovski® crystals. It measures an impressive 26mm in diameter and weighs a full two Troy Ounces - 62.2 grams. Because of its spherical shape, there is no heads or tails; obverse or reverse sides but look to the base of the orb and you will see the effigy of Her Majesty The Queen, the denomination and the year of issue, just as on a traditional coin.
This exclusive tribute to Queen Elizabeth II’s Coronation 65th anniversary is a notable issue: each coin is handmade and completely unique – making it the ultimate collectors’ item – a fact attested to by the uniquely numbered Certificate of Authenticity which accompanies each issue and confirms the coin’s world-first, limited-edition status.